Hyper-pigmentation on buttocks and butt acne are very familiar and somewhat embarrassing. If you want to avoid skin whitening chemicals and expensive cosmetics, you can try several straightforward and inexpensive home remedies. I have tried the majority of these products, and I can confirm that they have an all-natural skin lightening effect.
What Causes Butt Acne Or Red Bumps ?
All this time, pesky pimples and blackheads are one of the top lists from our pet peeves but then, these butt acne (aka buttne) occurred. Frustration is inevitable, sadly “buttne” is very much common and we’re anxious how to get rid of them.
Granted they’re out of sight from the world to see, they are indeed irritating though you may endure full-on breakouts, or possibly just one or two red-bumps.
What Causes Hyper-pigmentation On Buttocks?
1. Tight Clothing – wearing tight clothes can trap sweat and bacteria in the skin, restricting it from getting any wiggle room to breath. This can result in inflammation of hair follicles that trigger red bumps or acne-like bumps (aka folliculitis) to erupt. If you love wearing tight pants, make sure to get those pants off asap when you get home. Or swap your synthetic undies to cotton for a more breathable butt experience.
2. Poor Hygiene – Don’t overlook cleaning your backside when taking a shower daily. The build-up of grime, dead skin and grease is one major culprit of folliculitis that can cause hyperpigmentation on your butt.
How To Avoid Dark Spots On Buttocks And Thighs
- Stay away from scabrous or abrasive scrubs and loofahs as this can increase irritation on your backside which could leave lasting scars and hyper-pigmentation (those pesky dark spots).
- Wear loose fitting, cotton underwear. Cotton prevents excess sweating since it does not absorb much heat.
- Avoid shaving the pubic area or using hair-removal lotions. Shaving damages the skin, causing scarring and darkening of the area. Hair-removal lotions have chemicals that can damage sensitive skin. Waxing to remove hair offers a better alternative and will not lead to discoloration.
- Use an unscented, non-acidic, mild soap for cleaning the area between the thighs.
- Eat a healthy diet that includes a variety of fruits and vegetables, wholegrain cereals, and lean meat. Avoid fatty foods to maintain good skin.
- Drink lots of water which can flush out toxins and keep the skin smooth and hydrated.
- Use sunblock with at least SPF 30 to prevent exposed skin from darkening.
Natural Skin Whitening Ingredients That You Can Try
OPTION 1: Orange Peel Powder
Citrus fruits like lemons and oranges are a wonderful source of vitamin C. Vitamin C is included in the composition of skin whitening creams because of its unprecedented ability to affect hyper-pigmentation.
Both the peel and the juice of citrus fruits can be used to lighten dark spots. Make sure you put sunscreen on the treated areas because they will become quite photo-sensitive after the treatment. Repeat the procedure until you get the desired bikini area whitening result.
- 2 tbsp dried orange peel powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- In a bowl, add the orange peel and lemon juice, then add the honey in the mix.
- Put the milk in the mixture and blend them all together.
- Using a makeup brush, apply the mixture on the affected area. Let it sit for 15 minutes
- Wash it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this process 3-4x a week until you see results.
OPTION 2: Lemon Turmeric & Yogurt
This type of treatment is best suited for oily skin. Lemons have somewhat drying qualities that could irritate skin that is already dry and sensitive. Apply on a small test patch to figure out how your skin reacts to the treatment.
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- Mix the three ingredients in a bowl. Use a cotton pad or ball and dip it in the mixture.
- Apply it on the affected area and let it sit for 15 minutes and wash it off with water.
- Repeat the process 2 or 3 times a week for about a month to see results. Remember, consistency is the key.
OPTION 3: Lúminara Collagen
Lúminara is 100% Natural product that have been formulated for great skin for the whole body. It contains Collagen, Curcumin (the active ingredient of Turmeric), Lemons and Honey. It is formulated to help manage skin hyper-pigmentation and other skin concerns from within.
Lúminara uses advance manufacturing techniques to ensure that each serving of Lúminara contains the equivalent of Vitamin C from 7 lemons, Curcumin from 200gm of Turmeric, and 6,000mg of Bio-Active Nano Collagen Peptides. Lúminara is a safe, natural and convenient way to lighten your hyper-pigmentation problems.
- Keep in mind that all of these treatments are chemical-free. As a result, they will need more time to deliver noticeable results.
- Using natural skin whitening products on a daily basis, however, will give you an opportunity to see a significant change in the color of bikini, inner thigh and butt skin with time.
- Regular removal of the dead skin cells can help you get faster results. Still, you will need a couple of months to achieve the degree of skin whitening you are hoping for.
How long before I start seeing my butt or bikini area white after using these remedies?
Here's the Honest Answer
It will take quite some time. I’m talking about maybe four to six months or more before you start seeing your butt and inner thighs whiter/lighter if you use these natural ingredients every day. But it also depends on how consistent you are in doing the process. Unfortunately, home remedies like what I’ve mentioned above will not whiten your dark areas fast. These are not the magic pill.
Great news is, if you consume Lúminara twice a day, you will most probably see lighten results in four to six weeks. Get started today!